Monday, January 21

Professor Halfmann does not take bribes


The Davis Enterprise Blog recently insinuated that I took a bribe from the Huckabee campaign. As the Secretary of State of California, I take such claims very seriously. The integrity of California elections and the democratic process are at stake.

I'd like to make a few things clear.

1. The Reese's peanut butter cup pictured is not actually mine. I was merely holding it for the reporter sitting next to me.

2. The aforementioned peanut butter cup was not actually distributed by the campaign staff of Erica Huckabee, but came from the reporter's own personal stock.

3. If I had taken the peanut butter cup (or any other type of gift), it would not have affected my decisions on campaign issues in any way.

4. My mailbox is located in the copy room of the sociology department. My cubby is approximately 3 x 8 inches but larger packages can be placed on the top of the mailbox.


3 comments:

FOX NEWS said...

Reading this pretty much made my day while waiting for my video to load. Hilarious.
-Mariya L

L.H. Shimanek said...

Did the other two print news organizations slip you a box of milk duds? Their blogs are available through the website. The New York Times blog needs representation. This censorship will not stand!

Carlos Carbajal, Obama 08 P.R. Advisor said...

It's true, I saw Prof. Halfmann gracefully offering to hold the candy. Although, in the picture his mouth seems to be in chewing motion... Hmmmm... Maybe I missed something.